Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Shlock and Sloe

Not so long ago I was a hard partying Rock N'Roller who sang a lotta Led Zeppelin. But sometimes I was so drunk that I messed up the lyrics as evidenced from the recordings I recently uncovered. I am embarrassed to put the original recording out here but here are the exact lyrics that I sang!

Shlock and Sloe

(while gravitating to Roll N' Roll by Led Zeppelin)

 It’s been a long time since I saw Larry and Moe
….a long time since I stubbed my toe
Apparently, in a coma, oh I really don’t know
… I’ve a hairy back, a hairy back…
and my hair is black, baby, where did you come from?
I need a drink of wine . . . a drink of wine
Cuz I’m sad

It’s been a long time since I lost my glove
My hand is cold, neither can push or shove
Give me some slack, hand me a jack
and a warm bottle of rum
It’s been a long climb, just about outta rhyme
Give me a drink of whiskey and lime

 My seams are long, my pants, oh they are so tight
Ready for chow, it really seems so right
Play with my charms, oh my wonderful charms.
Oh baby, hand me your glove and pray for sin
It’s been a long time, a long climb
Been a wrong, and a pony-less, moaning-infested rhyme.

Ricky J. Fico


javascript:void(0);

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live From You Dorks - Volume One

From the Archives A s the producer of " Live From You Dorks, It's A Sadder Day's Night of Jive" and the follow-up guy t...